Friday, July 2, 2010

Senior High Report July 1

Your reporter is Elisabeth Engle:

Today waking up I was very tired. Almost as tired as I was yesterday when I fell asleep on the ground...

Breakfast was nice so was morning worship. Unfortunately Jay's talk was a little...sleepy. So far they have been very upbeat but today I an a few others fell asleep. Jay, if you are reading this, I apologize sincerely (Jay - LOL. Forgiven!)

My "Walk with Momma G" (class) was very relaxing as was morning Eucharist (where I was picked up multiple times) Then we had lunch which was cool because I saw someone from school. I also had spaghetti - which made it even more fabulous.

During Siesta - sleeping time (much needed sleeping time) after lunch helped me gain back some much needed snoozing. I accidentally gave Laura my roommate some "sleepy sass" when she tried waking me up!

My talk with the Bishop was also fun and we talked about musicals.

(Jay - On Jello snarfing - this a tradition of long standing at Senior High. It's voluntary and done entirely for fun. The contest ends in a food fight. Our reporter had a tough inaugural attempt as you'll see)
Next came free time. Oh boy, if you are reading this you may not know what Jello snarfing is . Well let me explain: it is a vicious and cruel way of forcing red Jello down a poor helpless person, making them have bowls of it. And then have have everyone else throw it at you, down your shirt or shorts, in your hair , on your face and up your nose. Yes really. This being my first year here did not prepare me for the animals my camp mates could become in the face of Jello. Especially if you saw Laura's hair!

After taking a shower...I cleaned off and hung out downstairs. Then I go dressed for the dance.

The dance was a lot of fun and I sill need to improve my "stanky leg" (Jay - Nope, no idea) Rowland and Rachel wowed the crowd with their mix of ballroom and some sort of hip-hop. The limbo got interesting and even though I am 4'11" I'm NOT that flexible.

There were different types of dances, such as the YMCA, Cupid Shuffle, Soldier Boy, You're a Jerk, "Stanky Leg" and ballroom. I got to dance with pretty much everyone there (even Momma G busted some moves) and was also picked up to dance by DJ, leaving my feet off the ground, and then being put down as he knelt on the floor and made me feel tall.

Today was fantastic and I still can't believe there are only one and a half days left until the end of camp. Personally I thik this camp should stay until....August?

Love and Rockets
Elisabeth Engle

Our second reporter is Kelsey Jeffs :

Today some of the personal highlights were what I thought were the greatest. In the morning during breakfast I looked over to find Drew asleep and hovering (over) his coffee! Some members of my table laughed because of the position he fell asleep in.

Today we had the famous annual Jello snarfing contest! My first ever experience "snarfing" Jello. I enjoyed every minute of it. Next to me was Seth and Tara. They were exact opposites in how they ate the Jello. Tara could barely get the first bowl of jello down. But who can blame her? Snarfing Jello isn't easy! On the other side of me Seth sat and ate all his Jello in an unbelievable amount of time. So I thought. Although no one could compare to the champion DJ. With his triumphant wrestling belt and great coach P.Mo. Afterwards everyone grabbed the remaining Jello and went at each other. Suddenly, out of the blue, Quinn and Autumn attack everyone with popcorn! With big smiles, everyone heads back to the dorms covered in red sticky Jello.

Personally, I though today was the best out of all so far. At the dance I got to have laughs with friends, dance, joke and just forget everything. Other people agree with me as well. The night ended on a great note and some good exercise from dancing. I must say that all the ladies looked absolutely beautiful and all the young gentlemen looked very handsome (hard to believe about the guys, I know) ha, ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment