Thursday, September 12, 2013

Youth Missioner on the road!

If you look at the job description you won't see "Must travel well" anywhere in it. The reality is that traveling is a big part of what I do these days. I will be "on the road" every Sunday in September starting this Sunday, every Sunday in October, at least two (but it could be three) Sundays in November and three Sundays in December. The goal of that travel is to help me stay connected with all the congregations and the folks working with young in the diocese. It's a great opportunity for folks to ask questions and make requests about the youth ministry in the diocese as well.

Of course I also travel up to the Diocesan Ministry Center once every week for my office hours there. It's a great chance for me to connect with the other member's of Bishop Bill's staff and tap into the expertise of that talented group of people. It's also another chance for people to talk with me, ask questions, make suggestions and even offer (constructive) criticism. I invite and really hope you'll take the opportunity to call or stop by while I'm there. I try to make sure that the next several weeks schedule is available on our calendar and in our newsletters.

Sometimes I also get the chance to travel a little more widely.  For the last decade (on and off) I've had the chance to travel around our Province, especially in the dioceses of New York and New Jersey.  Sadly I haven't had the chance to visit our brothers and sisters in the American Virgin Islands (and yes that IS part of our province).  Happily I have had the chance to join with folks in the Episcopal Church in Europe.  My travels also have taken me all over the United States.

So it's probably a good thing that I enjoy traveling.

My goal in all of this to share all the wonderful ideas and experiences that I've collected along the way.  I pick up some gifts here and share them every where I stop along the way.  I hope that I can travel out to visit with you sometime soon.

Peace

No comments:

Post a Comment