Monday, June 4, 2012

Well Worth Reading

I shared this link on the Adult newsletter this week but I think it's worth a wider reading as well.  Adam McClane is currently one of my favorite reads in the world of Youth Ministry.  He's an "in the trenches"  youth minister, husband, father, writer and creative type person.  According to his blog bio
He is a purveyor, connoisseur, trader, and collector of ideas.
Which means he's definitely my kind of guy.  A couple weeks ago he posted a blog about things he didn't feel like he should be expected to apologize for as a youth minister.  I really enjoyed the post (although I did call him out on one item in the comments.  Scroll down and check it out.  As always he handled it with grace and humor).  The list, he reminded me, is a personal one for him but contains lots of great thoughts.

What would be on your list of things you don't think you need to apologize for?  I'll admit that reasons 1, 2 and 4 just leapt out at me.  This one is worth a read and I'd recommend checking in on Adam regularly.

Don't Apologize


No comments:

Post a Comment