Monday, August 2, 2010

August 2 Newsletter

Junior High is back!!!!!!

I love typing that sentence! We've got some brand new things and some old familiar parts too. It's going to be a great camp. Which means I'll spend most of this week packing and trying to remember all the stuff we'll need.

Can you believe it's August already? Hope you're going to enjoy the rest of the summer. We'll be back into our regular routine starting in September. Remember that Youth Commission is always looking for people to get involved.

Have a great week!

Find us on Facebook

or check out the EYouthWNY blog


Here's the usual stuff.
Have a great week!
Jay
Other Events on the Calendar
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Youth Commission -

The next meeting of the Commission will be in September.
September 19, 1 PM at St. Patrick's Cheektowaga

Youth Commission encourages all young people in Middle and High School to attend our monthly meetings


Happening #27 -


November 12-14, Camp Pioneer, Angola
Applications are available on the website (HERE)

Camp Dates -

Senior High - June 27 - July 3
Junior High - August 8-14
Sleep Away - August 18-21

Check for camp applications HERE


Check the Youth Ministry calendar for the most up to date dates!
SOMETHING FOR YOUR HEART

"A prudent man keeps his knowledge to himself, but the heart of fools blurts out folly." (Proverbs 12:23)

I'll admit; I've done it. Maybe you have, too. Propelled by insecurity -- afraid the smart people around me wouldn't know I was smart, too -- I've brought up topics in conversation just so I could show off how much I knew about them.

I've even spewed every last fact in my head about things I didn't really know that much about -- sometimes making up details and delivering them with fake confidence. I was foolish.

Sometimes fools, looking to feel significant or just unable to stop the words from spilling out, even reveal information that could expose them or others to genuine danger. (Think passwords, troop movements, a good friend's secrets.)
A wise person asks: "Who am I helping besides myself by what I'm about to say?" If the answer is, "Nobody," the wise person leaves that bit of knowledge left unsaid. If I only speak to serve myself, I'll just make it obvious more quickly what a fool I really am.

Do: Be honest with yourself: How often do you blurt knowledge just to build yourself up in the eyes of others? What do you think when you realize other people are doing that with you?

Pray: Ask God to help you to be prudent and not share knowledge foolishly.

Do: Listen this week for foolish talkers blurting out follly and try to catch some wise friends not sharing all they know.



A Daily Devotional from PlanetWisdom.com, copyright 2010 Youth Specialties. Used by permission.
Facts, Quotes and Shots
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
FORGETTABLE FACT

Until the year 1920, Canada had a plan for an invasion of the United States.


POTENT QUOTABLES

And when it rains on your parade, look up rather than down. Without the rain, there would be no rainbow.
~ G.K. Chesterton

For the rain it raineth every day.
~ William Shakespeare


PARTING SHOT

What do you get if you cross a chicken with a cement mixer?
A brick layer!

EYouthWNY store


This is a way for us to show everyone our involvement in our church and to help support all the youth ministries. The money raised by the stuff at our store is used by Youth Commission to help make camps, and Happening, and mission trips and the Bishop's Ball a little bit better. If you haven't checked out what's available recently please do.

2010 camp t shirt
t shirt
Get the 2010 camp t-shirt for only $10. If you'd like to get something else with the camp logo on it let me know and I'll try to arrange for it!














*All "surf report" internet links and "potent quotables" are provided for informational purposes, and do not imply endorsement by Youth Specialties or the Diocese of WNY.

No comments:

Post a Comment